Why does finding peace and balance in life matter? What does that even mean? Find these answers along with 7 ways you can live in peace and balance in this week’s article.
Why It Matters
Finding peace and balance has been scientifically proven to reduce stress and anxiety, improve mental health, enhance workplace productivity, promote physical well-being, strengthen relationships, increase life satisfaction and happiness, and cultivate resilience and coping skills. This means better quality of life and better leadership.
What is Peace and Balance
Peace and balance go hand in hand. Peace refers to a state of tranquility, harmony, and contentment within ourselves. It involves quieting the mind, letting go of worries, and embracing the present moment.
Balance, on the other hand, relates to achieving equilibrium in different aspects of our lives. It means allocating time and energy to various domains such as work, relationships, self-care, and personal growth, ensuring that none outweighs the others.
7 Ways to Find Peace and Balance
Here are seven ways to find peace and balance. So, choose one or two practices that resonate with you and apply them to your life for improved peace and balance (and all that comes with it):
- Pre-week plan and do what matters most. When you look at life through the lens of roles and regularly pre-week plan, the process inherently gives your life balance, simplicity, order, and peace. You operate in “quadrant two.” This is one of the more actionable and easier starting points to find peace and balance in life.
- Practice mindfulness. Engage in activities that promote mindfulness, such as meditation, deep breathing exercises, or simply taking a moment to appreciate the beauty around you.
- Establish boundaries. Learn to say no and set healthy boundaries to avoid becoming overwhelmed by excessive commitments. Prioritize your time and energy by focusing on activities and relationships that align with your values, vision, goals, and pre-week planning.
- Take care of your physical health. A healthy body supports a healthy mind. Get enough sleep, maintain a balanced diet, and engage in regular exercise.
- Create a nurturing environment. Surround yourself with positive influences, whether it’s the people you spend time with or the media you consume. Simplify your physical space, declutter, and create an uplifting environment.
- Find time for self-care. Dedicate time to activities that recharge and rejuvenate you. Include these in your pre-week planning. Engage in hobbies, spend time in nature, read a book, or indulge in a soothing bath. Self-care allows you to replenish your energy and nurture your soul.
- Cultivate gratitude. Practice gratitude by consciously acknowledging the good in your life. Take time each day to reflect on what you are grateful for. Gratitude shifts our focus from what is lacking to what is abundant.
Lastly, never be afraid to seek support. Don’t hesitate to reach out to trusted friends, family, or professionals for support when needed. Sometimes, finding peace and balance requires help.
Where to Start
Finding peace and balance is integral to becoming your best and is a unique, life-long journey for each individual. Embrace the process and be patient with yourself. Pre-week plan and learn to prioritize your well-being so that you can live a life of harmony, peak performance, fulfillment, and joy.
“There are ways to find peace and balance in the midst of chaos and the daily rush of life. You don’t have to wait until all your challenges and stresses have passed. You can find peace and balance each and every day. Peace is always yours to claim.” – Steve Shallenberger
Want to see other articles and posts by Becoming Your Best? Go here.
Episode 397: Building Trust: Exceptional Leadership in an Uncertain World with Darryl Stickel, Ph.D.
Tune in to Episode 397 and discover the secrets to building trustworthy connections with your team, family, and business partners.
Tune in to Episode 396 of Becoming Your Best, learn to cultivate and flourish the 13 virtues, and let them guide you through building a life by design and a more intentional existence.
Episode 395: The “Negativity Effect” and the “4-Horsemen” of Disaster. How They Affect Your Home, Loved Ones and Work
Tune in to Episode 395 of Becoming Your Best and discover these fantastic tools that’ll help you keep improving and get close to your best version.