Are you familiar with these words from Winston Churchill, “Never, never, NEVER give up!”
This article shares nine ways highly successful people never give up.
Nine Ways True Leaders Persist and Succeed
How many successful people have achieved great goals and aspirations without perseverance, grit, and determination? We can’t think of any. The path to success and achievement is always marked by setbacks, failure, challenges, and a need to persevere. It’s a hard path.
That’s why the mindset and skillset to never give up is essential, not only to achieving success but also to becoming your best.
So, here are the nine (9) actions that equip you with the mindset and skillset to persist and succeed through any challenge, roadblock, or setback:
- Defeat the enemy within through a vision, roles and goals, hard work, and action. Learn to do what matters most and pre-week plan.
- When you get down, recalibrate and go to work. Work doesn’t give room to discouragement and at the same time breads hope.
- Make the law of averages work in your favor. The more failures you experience, the closer you are to a grand success.
- Remember that failure is a rung on the ladder to success. Don’t fear it. Use it.
- Lock onto an inspiring purpose that will carry you through the challenges of life when they come. Make course adjustments when necessary, but resolve to never give up.
- Control what you can control. Make a list of what you can control and focus on those items. Refuse to dwell on things that you cannot control.
- When the going gets tough, the tough get going — endure, persist, and persevere. Memorize this affirmation: “I will persist. I will succeed.”
- Practice the power of positive thinking. Use only positive language. Eliminate negative language from your vocabulary.
- Give no quarter to excuses. You are never too young, too old, or too discouraged to give it a shot or to try again. Let your motto simply be: I will never, never, NEVER give up!
Your Best is Yet to Be
If you’ve attended events with Steve Shallenberger, you may have heard him recite this catchy phrase before (and perhaps you memorized it with him):
Good, better, BEST
Never let it rest
Till the good is better
and the better is BEST!
This affirmation and axiom is a call to never settle for mediocrity and rise to the challenge of pursuing and achieving your very BEST. Never give up, Support, in your pursuit of your best because your BEST is yet to come!
“I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is precisely why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
Episode 397: Building Trust: Exceptional Leadership in an Uncertain World with Darryl Stickel, Ph.D.
Tune in to Episode 397 and discover the secrets to building trustworthy connections with your team, family, and business partners.
Tune in to Episode 396 of Becoming Your Best, learn to cultivate and flourish the 13 virtues, and let them guide you through building a life by design and a more intentional existence.
Episode 395: The “Negativity Effect” and the “4-Horsemen” of Disaster. How They Affect Your Home, Loved Ones and Work
Tune in to Episode 395 of Becoming Your Best and discover these fantastic tools that’ll help you keep improving and get close to your best version.