Do you ever feel like you could be a better communicator? Have you ever heard phrases, such as: “I’m sure she understood what I meant,” “I assumed that…” “I’m sure it was obvious to him.” “But, I thought…” Etc. etc. etc. A lot of miscommunication is rooted in poor listening skills. Many people want to say much, but...
The Power of Listening
Governor Gary R. Herbert kicks off World Tour of Leadership
By: Tammy Scoville, Freelance Writer on Leadership and Excellence On May 6th, 2015 Utah Governor Gary Herbert joined local business leader, Steve Shallenberger, at the Becoming Your Best Leadership Retreat to hold a press conference celebrating the impact of successful leadership and to officially launch the Becoming Your Best Worldwide Leadership Training Tour. As morning...
3 Ways To Develop Millennials Into Leaders In Your Company
Millennials will become the majority in the workforce for the first time in 2015 according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. By 2030, they will make up 75% of the workforce. As this tech-savvy, under-35 generation replaces retiring employees, the need for leadership training is greater than ever. Here are 3 custom-made ways to reach out...
4 Powerful Alternatives To Complaining
There is an infinite list of things to complain about: The weather, other drivers, a country’s politicians, the price of gasoline, a poor internet connection, an unclean house, our fellow co-workers, our job, our lack of a job, and our neighbors. While there are times when it is important to raise issues about certain injustices...
Have You Tried…Leading with a Vision?
By Steve Shallenberger, *This article was recently featured in SALT–a community magazine in Salt Lake City. A few months ago, I was privileged to go to Rwanda to lead a Becoming Your Best success and leadership boot camp for 200 entrepreneurs. Just 20 years ago Rwanda was ravaged by a wave of genocide during a 100-day period when...
How To Double Productivity And Take Control Of Your Time
Have you ever felt overwhelmed, or “task saturated,” with phone calls, emails, interruptions, or competing responsibilities? How many of us spend our days frantically trying to get through our to-do lists but still never find time to do what really matters most? If this sounds all too familiar, you are not alone. What if I...
- Episode 174 – Harry Clark: Mistake Millionaires Make
- Episode 173 – Do this to transform your people-culture strategy
- Episode 172 – The Extraordinary Value of Compound Impact (VCI)
- Episode 171 – Five Things you can do to run a successful business and thrive personally
- 170 – The Power of the Principles – How to improve your life today!
- 169 – How You Can Stay Ahead of Digital Disruption
- “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift––that is why it is called the present.”
- 85% of New Year’s Resolutions are Broken by January 15th. How Can You Finally Achieve Your Goals in 2019?
- Five Keys to Hire the Right Person
- Episode 155 – 50 Ironmans. 50 States. 50 Days. How did he do it?
- Episode 152- Have A Becoming Your Best Morning
- Episode 150: How to Create a High Performance Culture with Illens Dort